Search By Chance Bawarchi

Monday, November 29, 2010

Nothing like fresh food



I've become a recent fan of farmers markets. I wasn't really sure of what to expect, but recent experience turned out to be a really pleasant surprise.

The local farmers market brings in farmers and home-gardeners a central place. It was stall after stall of fresh, organic, cheap vegetables. A piece of culinary heaven. Everything was ripe and ready to use and boy did I want to use everything there.

Sadly, with winter settling in the season for this particular farmers market has come to an end. Luckily for me, there's a fresh foods store in the same vicinity. It operates like a farmers market (same fresh, organic veggies) with a little upgrade in the pricing since they provide things that are out of season as well.


My kitchen is limited to an electric skillet and a microwave or I'd be all over the ready-to-eat ingredients.

I really recommend doing your grocery shopping at farmers markets. You're guaranteed to get the freshest in-season fruits and vegetables at a severely discounted price ($1 for a pound of zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers at 50 cents each, etc.). It's a delicious bargain that supports your health - and the local economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment