Search By Chance Bawarchi

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Maple-Chili Glazed Desert

I was so enamored with the glaze from the Chicken dish, I had to have some more. I didn't want another pizza, so I wondered if I could incorporate it into a desert.
A peek into my pantry revealed a can of pinapples, so I figured why not. And the result was absolutely yum!!!!
Ingredients
2 slices pineapple (canned)
1 tbsps maple syrup (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste)
1/4 tsp cumin powder (optional - I find it enhances the taste)
Pinch of salt

Preparation
1. Heat a nonstick pan at high. Brown both sides of the pineapple slices to desired level.
2. Lower heat to medium. Add remaining ingredients and stir as the syrup comes to a boil.
3. Lower heat to medium-low and cook till the glaze thickens.

Serve with whipped cream!
I'm sure you can use other fruits such as strawberries, apples, or pears for an equally satisfying desert.

Don't forget to store the extra pineapple in a different container along with its juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment