Search By Chance Bawarchi

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Freeze it!

I've recently been dubbed the "Freezing Queen" ... as it turns out, a lot of food-stuff freezes really well!

Got extra milk? Freeze it! I lost many a half-somethings of milk before I realized it freezes without separating into unrecognizable layers or going bad the day I defrost it. So now, I buy 1, freeze 1/2 and save double! :D

Loaves of bread are good to be frozen too. Finding my preferred bread locally is hard. Instead, I bulk up when I go shopping and freeze the extra loaves.

Cheeeese! Whether is shredded cheese, slices or a block of cheese - cheese freezes well. It takes a good 30mts for cheese to thaw, but that's worth the money saved when bulk buying...especially if you like to throw in cheese in breakfast, lunch and dinner, like me.

Soups, rotis, parathas, masaala cubes, biryani, most sabzis... most anything that doesn't separate into various layers in your fridge is good to go in the freezer as well. Shelf-life for frozen food is pretty long, but after 6 months, if you haven't consumed it, chuck it!

No comments:

Post a Comment